The Strathmore Career Development Services office helps students:
- Explore and make career choices.
- Search for internships.
- Look for jobs after graduation.
How You Can Help Your Son or Daughter:
In the student career survey most of the students said that their parents have
an 80% influence on their career choices. You can help your child by asking
them to visit the office and attend events organised by the careers development
Parents of First Year Students:
- Support your child’s career exploration by encouraging them to speak to
family friends and colleagues in different fields.
- Talk to them about your own career experience.
- If your son or daughter asks, be willing to give them feedback about their
skills and abilities
- Encourage your student to engage in campus life by joining a club to develop
Parents of Second and Third Year Students:
- Help your son or daughter get a holiday job or internships to acquire skills and experience.
- To assist your son or daughter get the above opportunities, introduce them to family
friends and colleagues.
Parents of Fourth year Students:
- Encourage your soon-to-graduate child to attend the Career development programs targeting fourth years.
- If your son or daughter is interested in pursuing a post graduate degree, this is the year
to research, explore programs, learn about the application process and, plan financing.
- Encourage your son or daughter to attend Career Fairs because many companies recruit at Career Fairs.
- Remind them to use resources at Career Development services to help them find a job.